Spam Control

Candy
Founder
Founder

Spam Control

Postby Candy » 15 Apr 2009, 14:05

Hopefully, you haven't noticed that we have been having a bit of a flood of Spam. The Admins have been pruning it away before it intrudes on our message boards. However, as levels build, we are now starting to block ranges of IP addresses which spam is sent from.

If you are blocked from posting to the board with the message that "You are a Spammer", please contact a Guild-/Kin- mate online and get someone to pass the message along to us. We will try to get you able to post again as quickly as we can.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused but I hope you will agree that we really don't need to see the adverts for these "services".
Last edited by Candy on 15 Apr 2009, 14:05, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made sticky

Candy

RFI Founder

Candy
Founder
Founder

Re: Spam Control

Postby Candy » 21 Sep 2009, 10:52

Recently, I have trialled some new spam blocking systems.

One (an extended DNS Black Hole list) proved too aggressive and was preventing legitimate users from creating accounts, so I have removed it.

The other system has addressed the security measures in signing up and posting as a Guest. These seem to be working well and (with the continuing hard work of the Admin team) should keep the forums free from unwanted visitors while allowing people to join our community freely.

If you have any access problems, please make them known by posting to the Support forum or by mailing RFIAdmin@roomforimprovement.eu

Thank you.
Candy

RFI Founder

Return to “Announcements”