The Marathon Minstrel hits the road...

Discussion area with access to non-members. Anyone wishing to apply for membership, this is the place.

Moderators: Founder, Senior Member, Officer, Leader, XO

Candy
Founder
Founder

The Marathon Minstrel hits the road...

Postby Candy » 16 Aug 2011, 12:56

As some of you know, I have got up from in front of my computer and started to lose some weight while getting fitter. A friend challenged me a few months ago to try to finish a Marathon, so here goes. The distance (42.2km / 26 miles) is a huge challenge and one that I will be trying my utmost to complete.

As is traditional with these things, this is an ideal opportunity for me to take money from my friends (that's you lot!) and family in aid of a worthy cause. Recently, we lost a family friend to Motor Neurone Disease. At the last, she was cared for by St. Catherine's Hospice (in Preston, England) who provided a dignified, caring and sensitive environment for this difficult time. By raising money for the Hospice, it will help other families in the similar circumstances to receive the support and care that she did.

Full details are of the marathon and the charity are on my JustGiving page. I hope you will be able to support this cause with me.

Candy

RFI Founder

Kthxbye

Re: The Marathon Minstrel hits the road...

Postby Kthxbye » 18 Aug 2011, 07:59

Good luck Candy, you have my support. (When payday arrives tomorrow) :)

Candy
Founder
Founder

Re: The Marathon Minstrel hits the road...

Postby Candy » 07 Sep 2011, 11:50

Three days to go and thanks to so many generous donations, the total raised so far stands at over £700 (over €800).

I'm very grateful to all those who have donated. Thank you. :)
Candy

RFI Founder

Return to “Public Area”