Old GW2 Applications

Discussion area with access to non-members. Anyone wishing to apply for membership, this is the place.

Moderators: Founder, Senior Member, Officer, Leader, XO

smoky vamp

Finally Found the Forums again!!

Postby smoky vamp » 25 Apr 2012, 20:16

Hello!

I have been a member in the past and have been a member of RFI in both Aion and Guild Wars (think I still am in Aion but am currently going it alone in GW) with the promise of GW2 on the horizon and having finally :wallbash: got my lap top working again I have found the forums and was hoping that I could join you all for the beginning of GW2! :drink:

Cheers
Smokyvamp!

Devious
Seriously Wordy
Seriously Wordy

Finally Found the Forums again!!

Postby Devious » 25 Apr 2012, 20:51

Vampyyy hello! Welcome back stranger! Are you joining us in this weekend's beta? :drink:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RFI Founder

Guild Wars
Devious Immortal N/Any
Aderyn Adin R/any
The Comforter Mo/any

Throbbi

Re: Finally Found the Forums again!!

Postby Throbbi » 26 Apr 2012, 00:00

You're not the only one ;) They all come back in the end :twisted:

Now we need to start kidnapp.....persuading others to come home for GW2.

smokyvamp
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: Finally Found the Forums again!!

Postby smokyvamp » 26 Apr 2012, 00:16

I am planning on playing in this weekends beta have the client all downloaded and ready, and am working an early on Friday so should be free most of the weekend! Just need to know what server to join!

slowreflex

Application for GW2 Guild

Postby slowreflex » 04 Sep 2012, 18:11

Hello there! I'm currently looking for a friendly GW2 guild to join and your guild for awhile, but it's hard to find a good fit. Anyway, I've been looking around your forums and you seem like a really nice and friendly bunch. And you actually seem happy, which is rare given how many grumpy ragers are around the MMO scene. Anyway, here's a bit about me:

I'm 35, Texan (been in UK 10 years), 5 kids, 3 cats, 1 dog, live on beach by Brighton, gaming since the modem days, used to be a computer technician -> now a corporate businessman.

Likes: Adventurous activity (sky diving, cliff jumping, etc.), Philosophy, Artificial Intelligence, Wildlife, Making websites and then deleting them, Learning to play an instrument a bit and then moving to another one, like owning exotic pets (favorite was a prairie dog)

Dislikes: Immature/Mean people, Profanity

Future: Spending as much free time as possible in GW2, but with 5 kids and a hectic job, time is a luxury! Also considering getting into Warhammer Fantasy (tabletop, not online).

Gaming: I've been playing games for over 20 years across pretty much all genres. I prefer multiplayer games, particularly MMO's and MOBA's. I've been in some highly respected guilds/clans in the past and have been a moderator on the official DOTA2 forums.

Funny Fact: I've had my gaming name "slowreflex" since I was a teenager. It used to be ironic, but as I age it's becoming true.

Cookie: Mom's Sugar Cookies with Frosting. Mmmm. Might share the recipe if I get in. ;)

Color: Probably something like a dark purple. I don't know the name though.

Hopefully you feel that I'd be a good fit around here. Let me know if you need to know anymore information.

Devious
Seriously Wordy
Seriously Wordy

Re: Application for GW2 Guild

Postby Devious » 04 Sep 2012, 22:26

Welcome to RFI Slowreflex, Please have a look at our code Of conduct, and if everything is ok with you just sign your life to us :evil:
RFI Founder

Guild Wars
Devious Immortal N/Any
Aderyn Adin R/any
The Comforter Mo/any

Penniegrim
Loquacious
Loquacious

Postby Penniegrim » 04 Sep 2012, 23:04

Hello Slowreflex! How nice to be head hunted instead of vise versa :) I have read your post and I think you might find a good home here with us, at least that is what I hope! and yes we are quite happy, most of us have waited for this game ever since it was announced and we won't let a few bugs get in our way! :P You will find us on GANDARA server, send a mail or whisper to Devious Immortal or to me Penniegrim and we will get you into the guild. As Devvy mentioned take a look at the CoC and also make a post in our acceptance thread. Sadly we had to drop the "I hereby sign my soul to RFI" part of the CoC due to some angry letters from EA legal department claiming they had copyright on players souls.

Welcome!

/Penniegrim

PS. oh.. how did you find us? :)

slowreflex

Postby slowreflex » 05 Sep 2012, 06:43

Penniegrim wrote:PS. oh.. how did you find us? :)

I did a Google search for "family friendly" gw2 EU guild and you were one of the ones that game up...

I'll do the CoC acceptance thread and see you in game!

nomana

Postby nomana » 05 Sep 2012, 06:48

Welcome slowreflex. It seems to me you will fit in nicely.

Gabsy

OLD GW2 Applications

Postby Gabsy » 05 Sep 2012, 12:54

Hello people,

I got here reading your topic on http://www.guildwars2forum.com

My gaming name is Gabsy, 27 yrs old, living in Belgium. I read your topic with interest. I value helping others out, communicating with respect and having a laugh or two. I consider myself to be a casual gamer and a relaxed individual. I have read your code of conduct and I will have no trouble gaming by it and respecting it.

What you should know about me...
I work as an IT consultant, play the piano, I enjoy quite places where I can relax with my girlfriend or friends and I like good food, good whine and good company. I don't like drama at all. I bought this game so I could enjoy it with people that like to enjoy themselves as well and appreciate just having a good time with each other without taking everything so seriously.

If you believe that I will fit nicely in your guild, I will be glad to join your ranks.

Let me know 8-)

Kind regards

Gabsy
Last edited by Candy on 17 Mar 2013, 16:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title Change

Return to “Public Area”