LOTRO update news

Discussion area with access to non-members. Anyone wishing to apply for membership, this is the place.

Moderators: Founder, Senior Member, Officer, Leader, XO

Frappy
Chatty
Chatty

LOTRO update news

Postby Frappy » 31 May 2014, 14:01

The information has been officially released that the next update of lotro will have various 'quality of life' improvements.

We've already seen changes in the mail system to 10 items as attachments, and vips able to receive mail without a postbox, so I was interested as to what would be next, some of the confirmed changes coming are:

1) Increase of number of characters for the length of kin message of the day to around 140.

2) DOUBLE the size of friendslist, so no more deleting old friends to put a new one on.

3) (despite 7 years of saying this will never happen) An OFFICIAL global chat channel, called [World], which will be official unlike GlobalLFF and will be moderated.

What do you lot think of those changes, I think they're all good!!

Image Bec the Bold | Hunter of the Fallohides | Cook
Em the Eradicator | Loremaster of Lothlorien | Scholar Rhee the Righteous | Burglar of Rohan | Tailor

SAMORIN
Officer
Officer

Re: LOTRO update news

Postby SAMORIN » 31 May 2014, 17:59

Yes very nice .... Any clues on when the new update is due ?

Tomatensaus
Officer
Officer

Postby Tomatensaus » 10 Jun 2014, 08:08

i like the idea of a world channel ; however not sure if everyone wil lbe inclined to use it ...
people tend to stick with old habbits..

Frappy
Chatty
Chatty

Postby Frappy » 14 Jul 2014, 09:08

Update 14 coming today, in a weird sort of resonance July the 14th.

Captain class change expected is a heavy tank-mode nerf to yellowline... from unlimited proc of the self-heals based on how many times you're hit to a cooldown of EIGHT SECONDS on the heal from damage. So basically tanking cappys will be gone. All hail the guardians who will once again have to raise their shield and take the hits!
Em the Eradicator | Loremaster of Lothlorien | Scholar Rhee the Righteous | Burglar of Rohan | Tailor

Frappy
Chatty
Chatty

Postby Frappy » 14 Jul 2014, 13:31

Pre-order - The Token of the Hornburg pre-order item now works through level 99

So if you had Helm's Deep via Pre-Order and have since destroyed that item.... use /reclaim to get it back.

Sadly I didn't ever pre-order it so not much use to me!

Traits - Noble Mark - DoT effects can no longer trigger Morale Return

Oh as if the examplar nerf wasn't bad enough. the noble mark heal-over time from damage over time is gone too!!
*sadcaptain*

Dwyll
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Dwyll » 14 Jul 2014, 14:34

So if you had Helm's Deep via Pre-Order and have since destroyed that item.... use /reclaim to get it back.

Sadly I didn't ever pre-order it so not much use to me!

Can't remember if I have or not. Managed to get 93 before the servers went down, so only 7 levels to go! :D

Also, I will be levelling an alt afterwards, but not sure what class as yet. Any suggestions based on where the kin is weakest at endgame?
Dwyll - Hunter, Scholar -------------------------------------------------- Dwyaf - Captain, Metalsmith

Frappy
Chatty
Chatty

Postby Frappy » 14 Jul 2014, 15:00

well there isn't much end-game ... as it were... the new zone, which is kinda like Great River was to Rohan, ... a pre-Gondor, Gondor if you know what I mean... has only a 3 man instance to it.

Dwyll
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Dwyll » 14 Jul 2014, 15:28

Let me rephrase that then... Are we lacking anything in particular in terms of group stuff at maximum level?

Really don't mind what I play, except for the Warden. Just find them too dull.
Dwyll - Hunter, Scholar -------------------------------------------------- Dwyaf - Captain, Metalsmith

Tomatensaus
Officer
Officer

Postby Tomatensaus » 14 Jul 2014, 21:30

I think we got plenty of guardians in the kin, as far as i'm concerned i don't really miss a sort of class in the kin.

It's all being online etc. sometimes u just don't have the manpower to tackle the thing u want :-) that's no problem with classes imo.

Also a lot of longer time players are being developing alts; this way when u have some of those online u imediatly get acces to like 1,2,3,4 or more classes who are able to take on the task (now all have the same excellent gear or maybe the player's preference) but ion the end we can still manage to get a group togheter.

I for example have a minstrel; i like playing dps minstrel, and if Jago is online in the group i tend to be dps. But if for some reason we are without heals or havn't got enough heals i switch to healing mini ;-)
At this time i'm also deveoloping a captain (lvl 93 atm) and if i get the mood for it i'll bring my 88 burg to 100 and see if i can get him to feel good to me again. (liked it in the past but since HD lost my feel for him)

so in this manner in due time i myself will have 3 decent classes to join in for a group; i plan to get all classes to max..

So TO SUM IT ALL UP: Choose the class u really like the most ;)

CAS

Postby CAS » 29 Jul 2014, 00:20

hey guys,

remember me? - (you'd better)

After a long and interesting time in NYC I have now landed in DC and might have some time to jump back into the game from time to time. but first please tell me if the last expansions & updates are worth it (as if I would get an unbiased answer here).

I'd love the see/hear you guys in game soon. how is the kin doing? Is still something going on?

If everything goes well, I'll be on in the next couple of days to say hello in person!

good evening and good night,
cas

Return to “Public Area”