Devilian & Black Desert

Discussion area with access to non-members. Anyone wishing to apply for membership, this is the place.

Moderators: Founder, Senior Member, Officer, Leader, XO

Frappy
Chatty
Chatty

Devilian & Black Desert

Postby Frappy » 03 Dec 2015, 11:12

There's a new game coming out, currently in open-beta.. called 'Devilian'.

As with another MMO I've played called "RIFT", this new game is made by Trion Worlds so the developers have some pedigree. I'm interested to see what the new generation of MMOs have to offer.

So I will be giving it a go and letting you guys know what it is like. Is anyone else signed up and trying it out? If so please let me know and we'll meet up.

Our Closed Beta Events and Alpha servers have been an amazing journey that we look forward to getting even bigger! Now everyone will get a chance to try out Devilian! Our Open Beta starts Wednesday, December 2 at 10:00 AM PST.

Devilian Founders, your Head Start will begin on Tuesday, December 8 at 10:00 AM PST. Start fresh, claim all your Founder’s Pack rewards, and let the battle begin 2 days before the crowd!

Just 2 days after our Head Start begins, the world of Nala opens to all! Devilian officially launches Thursday, December 10 at 12:00 PM PST. Build your strength, gather in guilds, and reclaim Nala!

---------------

Another game on the horizon is a korean title called 'Black-Desert Online' which has been around for 2 years or so in korea, and regionalised versions are already out in Japan and Russian. There will be a US/EU version sometime in 2016 our version has just come out of alpha and moved into closed-beta. One to watch.

It is possible - right now - to play on the Korean Black-Desert servers, but only if you either: have a korean friend to do the age-verify on their mobile device IN KOREA, or are willing to risk 10 dollars to pay some shady internet service to sort it for you (potentially only to have the account raided by the 'true' owner).

As some of you know I spent several happy years MMOing in korea previously in the now *very* dated KALonline, and the ping was manageable even in that way back when, it should be less of an issue these days as the technology marches on. From what I've read, you can expect ping ~200 to ~230 from EU to korea, which isn't much different than then ~140 to ~190 we EU-residents currently struggle with to the US-based lotro servers. And peak times are less likely to be overlapping, which as we know has put strain on that cross-atlantic pipe.

Anyway all of that would become irrelevant sometime in 2016 when the game becomes available in the EU/US and localised servers appear.

Anyone else had a try of it in Korea, or perhaps watched some of the hype videos online and decided to get it when it comes out?

Image Bec the Bold | Hunter of the Fallohides | Cook
Em the Eradicator | Loremaster of Lothlorien | Scholar Rhee the Righteous | Burglar of Rohan | Tailor

Frappy
Chatty
Chatty

Re: Devilian & Black Desert

Postby Frappy » 03 Dec 2015, 12:26

Devilian EU-Beta has no WindowXP support.

*sadface*

The annoying thing is that the error it brings up CAN be fixed but they haven't done for the beta... unsure if they will for release.
Em the Eradicator | Loremaster of Lothlorien | Scholar Rhee the Righteous | Burglar of Rohan | Tailor

Tomatensaus
Officer
Officer

Postby Tomatensaus » 03 Dec 2015, 16:54

the hated, your windows is too old warning.. just be glad.. for many game i get the warning like 'your windows is too new' ;)

there'll prob be some workarround i guess...

Frappy
Chatty
Chatty

Postby Frappy » 11 Dec 2015, 23:22

I'm abandoning Devilian completely for now.

The lack of OS-support for my machine, plus the asymmetric "moba-style" camera view i've seen in some pre-release shots have put me right off it.

Guess i'll continue messing about with my existing games library for now.

Return to “Public Area”